This post is also available in: Italian
The exhibition is based on the proposition of ‘the echoes of foreigners.’ It portrays the gap between the geographical and psychological state of refugee artists, who are like floating islands. Moreover, we present a new concept of refugee stories that can be talked about continuously through these works, which show a new visual composition and method. Refugees are one of the most vulnerable group of people in this world. They escaped from persecution based on their race, religion, political and ideological beliefs. There are artists among these refugees, who identify their existence through art. If you feel like there is wall between yourself and the person you share your feelings with then you are no different from a foreigner! This exhibition becomes a symbolic space, where we can rediscover the value of character in a civilized society from a different perspective.
- Hosted by The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- Organized by The Korean Association of University Museums
- Planning by Sookmyung Women’s University Museum
- Foreign artists invited in the early stage of the exhibition planning: Korean: Lee Jooyoung, Cho Minsun, Project Rebel9, Na Hyun, Song Ji-hyung, Woo Jung A; Moroccan: Aicha Nejmeddine; Ethiopian: Bereket Alemayehu, Thomas Ashamie; American: Aram Han
- From October 13 to November 13, 2020