Data protection information
1) Name and contact details for the person responsible for data processing
This data protection information applies to data processing by Pressenza, International Press Agency, calle Carlos Tobar E6-124 y Eloy Alfaro, Dpto. 403, Quito 170517, Ecuador, email@example.com, and for the following website: www.pressenza.com.
2) Visiting our website
(1) When you visit our website, the browser you use automatically sends information to our website’s server and temporarily stores it in a log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- the IP address of the requesting computer,
- the date and time of access,
- the name and URL of the retrieved file,
- the website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- the browser you are using and, possibly, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
(2) The listed data is collected and processed by us to ensure a smooth connection and a comfortable use of our website. In addition, it serves to evaluate system security and stability as well as for administrative purposes in order to continuously improve our services.
(3) The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally. The data is stored for a period of 14 days and then automatically deleted.
4) Google Analytics
(1) For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use, based on Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR, Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision. In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as:
- Browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment to your person is not possible (IP masking). As a rule, anonymisation takes place within Member States of the European Union or in other States party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
(3) As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics website.
5) E-mail contact and contact inquiries
(1) You can contact us via the e-mail addresses provided on our website. In this case, your personal data transmitted with the e-mail will be stored. This is your name and e-mail address. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
(2) If the user has given their consent, the legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 (a) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending a contact request by e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the end of a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 (b) GDPR. The processing of the personal data from the e-mail enquiry serves us solely to process the establishment of contact. This also includes the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data.
(3) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. For the personal data sent by e-mail, this is the case when the conversation with the user is finished. The conversation is terminated when it can be learned from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified.
(1) If you have subscribed to our newsletter, either via our website or another channel, your e-mail address will be used by us to send you a newsletter. The newsletter is used exclusively for direct advertising of articles and features published on our website www.pressenza.com.
(2) In connection with the data processing for the dispatch of newsletters, your data will be transmitted to an external service provider, whom we have entrusted with the coordinated dispatch of our newsletter. This service provider is based within the European Union.
(3) The legal basis for the processing of the data after registration for the newsletter by the user is Art. 6 para. 1 (a) GDPR. The legal basis for sending the newsletter as a result of the sale of goods or services is Art. 7 para. 3 (Act Against Unfair Competition) or Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR. The collection of the user’s e-mail address serves to send the newsletter. The collection of other personal data as part of the registration process serves to prevent misuse of the services or the e-mail address used.
(4) The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. The user’s e-mail address will therefore be stored for as long as the subscription to the newsletter is active.
(5) The subscription to the newsletter can be cancelled by the user concerned at any time. For this purpose, there is a corresponding link in every newsletter. This also makes it possible to revoke the consent to the storage of personal data collected during the registration process.
7) Social Media Plug-ins
We use social plug-ins from the social networks Facebook and Twitter on our website based on Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR in order to make our agency better known. The underlying advertising purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. Responsibility for data protection-compliant operation must be guaranteed by the respective provider. The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place in the way of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors of our web page in the best possible way.
Our website uses Facebook social media plug-ins to personalize their use. For this we use the “LIKE” or “SHARE”-button. This is an offer from Facebook.
When you visit a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted directly from Facebook to your browser and integrated into the website.
By integrating the plug-ins, Facebook receives information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can directly associate your visit to our website with your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for example by pressing the “LIKE” or ” SHARE ” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and demand-oriented design of Facebook pages. To this end, Facebook creates usage, interest, and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide other services associated with the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to associate the information collected through our website with your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection information (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy) of Facebook.
Our website contains social media plug-ins of Twitter Inc. (Twitter). You can recognize the Twitter plug-ins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of tweet buttons can be found here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons).
When you access a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server. Twitter receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet button” while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the contents of our pages on your Twitter profile. This allows Twitter to associate the visit of our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that, we as the provider of the pages, are not aware of the content of the data transmitted or how it is used by Twitter.
8) Activity for our network
(1) If you are an author or editor for our network, we collect the following information:
- Salutation, first name, surname,
- a valid e-mail address,
- Profile photo,
(2) This data is collected,
- to identify you as our author or editor;
- to introduce you as author or editor on our website;
- to correspond with you;
- to settle any liability claims that may exist and to assert any claims against you;
(3) The data will be processed upon your request and is required for the purposes stated in Art. 6 para. 1 (b) GDPR for the appropriate processing of your order and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations.
(4) The personal data collected by us for the processing of your author or editor activities will be stored and subsequently deleted until expiry of the statutory retention obligation or possible contractual warranty and guarantee rights, unless we are obliged to store such data for a longer period due to tax and commercial law storage and documentation obligations or you have consented to further storage pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 (a) GDPR.
9) Disclosure of data to third parties
(1) Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for purposes other than those already mentioned or listed below.
(2) With the support of our EDP system as well as the hosting of our website we commission external IT service providers. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR. The professional support of our EDP system and web hosting are to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of this regulation.
10) Rights of Affected Persons
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete the data and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, current, and machine-readable format in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR or to request the transmission to another person in charge and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our office.
11) Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 (f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12) Data Protection
(1) All personal data transmitted by you will be transmitted using the generally accepted and secure standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL is a secure and proven standard, which is also used in online banking, for example. You can recognize a secure SSL connection by the attached “s” on the http (i.e. https://…) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock symbol at the bottom of your browser.
(2) We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data stored with us against manipulation, partial or complete loss and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.