By Gray Williams
Online censorship is becoming an increasingly relevant topic as various actors vie for control over the free flow of information. The importance of free and independent news and information outlets cannot be understated at the present time, and the influence of a free internet has a profound effect on public opinion.
Table of Content
- 1 An Introduction to Content Monitoring and Internet Censorship
- 2 Why is Content Censored?
- 3 Censorship on the Internet
- 4 Countries with the Best and Worst Censorship
- 5 How Censored is Social Media?
- 6 How Censored are Online News Sites?
- 7 Censorship in Education
- 8 How is Online Censorship Achieved?
- 9 How to Avoid Censorship
- 10 Conclusion – How to Avoid Censorship in an Era of Censorship Enforcement