Here is the letter of endorsement sent by actress Susan Sarandon to Jill Stein’s campaign:
Dear Jill and team,
I’ve been waiting for any indication that Hillary Clinton’s position on the issues that are most urgent to me, has changed. But …
- She does not support the $15 minimum wage.
- She shows no support for legalizing marijuana.
- She supports TPP.
- She has sold fracking and Monsanto.
- She supports offshore drilling.
- She has no position on the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- She opposes the labeling of GMOs.
- She opposes the breakup of big banks.
- She takes lobbyists’ money for campaigning.
- She opposes a binding climate treaty.
- She supports unconditional military aid to Israel.
I’m therefore very happy to endorse Jill Stein for the presidency because she does stand for everything I believe in.
It’s clear a third party is necessary and viable at this time. And this is the first step in accomplishing this end.
Fear of Donald Trump is not enough for me to support Clinton, with her record of corruption.
Now that Trump is self-destructing, I feel even those in swing states have the opportunity to vote their conscience.