A New Agency
PRESSENZA is an international press agency specializing in news about Peace, Nonviolence, Humanism and Non-discrimination:
- Reporting important advances in the disarmament of nuclear and conventional weapons, the withdrawal of troops from occupied territories, and conflict resolution and prevention through nonviolent means as well as people’s advances on social, cultural and political conquests.
- Publishing studies and analyses that contribute to world peace and overcoming violence and discrimination in all their forms.
- Giving coverage to demonstrations that promote nonviolence in the social, economic, cultural, religious, inter-ethnic, sexual and psychological fields.
PRESSENZA seeks to contribute to raising public awareness by broadcasting news and developments that promote Peace, Nonviolence, Humanism and Non-discrimination. PRESSENZA considers that a renewed atmosphere that values diversity and all that goes with it, generated by placing the Human Being as the central value and concern, is essential for the transformations needed in times of crisis and conflict in all latitudes.
PRESSENZA produces written news and reports generally accompanied by images. The agency also publishes articles written by prominent individuals in the fields of Peace, Nonviolence, Humanism and Non-discrimination. Video-reports, interviews, cartoons, illustrations and audio production complement this wealth of information that can be effectively used in different ways according to the needs of different audiences.
Global point-of-view and scope
PRESSENZA is international – it covers news from around the globe with a humanist and multicultural focus through its network of correspondents, photographers, video producers, and reporters on all five continents who volunteer their professional work.
All the material produced by PRESSENZA IPA is available free of charge to subscribers (media channels, agencies, organizations and individuals) who can reproduce and circulate it at no charge provided the sources and credits are adequately cited.
Subscribers may receive the material through e-mail and RSS news feed, which is continuously available on the agency’s website www.pressenza.com.
Pressenza IPA is composed of decentralized regional teams and editorial staff. The agency’s world headquarters is located in Milan, Italy, where it derives. PRESSENZA has expanded throughout different countries of the European continent, the Americas – North and South -, and is expanding to Asia and Africa, publishing news daily in English, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Hungarian.
Giving priority to certain informative coverage Pressenza has been involved in the dissemination of actions and initiatives such as:
- “The World March for Peace and Nonviolence “, a proposal of unprecedented social mobilization, driven by World Without Wars and without Violence from October 2nd 2009 to January 2nd 2010.
- The Symposia of the World Centre of Humanist Studies taking place bi-annually (2008, 2010 and 2012) in the different Parks of Study and Reflection.
- The coverage of the Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates, held in Berlin in November 2009, and especially the speech given to them by Silo (Mario Luis Rodríguez Cobos).
- The communication activity displayed in the International Book Fair of Santiago de Chile (November 2010, October 2012) and the Foire du Livre in Brussels (February 2011).
Agreements of Collaboration and Alliances
The agency seeks to encourage the broadest possible distribution of all news related to Peace, Nonviolence, Humanism and Non-discrimination. For this reason, PRESSENZA actively promotes the collaboration and formation of alliances with other agencies, as well as establishing reciprocal links with various websites, platforms, and other types of media.
It establishes reciprocity with information media from communities and specific cultures which achieve global dissemination of their local proposals while feeding their information with the material provided by the agency.
At the same time, there are a number of educational establishments whose journalism, photography, communications and public relations students make their practices in Pressenza.
Except where otherwise specified, the content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License